hope sign

hope sign

Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy 21st Birthday Juliana Kimberly



Today my Juliana Kimberly turned 21!  At 12:56 am 21 years ago, they laid this 9lb 2oz baby girl on my chest.  She was so big and so little at the same time.  She had dark hair, olive skin and the fattest cheeks I had ever seen on a newborn.  Her cheeks were so big they made her eyes squish so I looked at the midwife and asked, "How did I have a Chinese baby?".  She laughed at me and said, "You didn't".

I was 9 months pregnant here with Juliana
I had this perfect little girl who was hungry.  She stayed hungry too. All through her toddler years, she counted her meals…"I have only ate one time today.  I have to eat two more times."  That was sit down meals, it didn't include snacks.  I had never seen a child do this.

Juliana was my biggest baby but became my smallest child.  She would sleep in her crib totally folded in half, head on bed but between her legs.  Her daddy would say, "Move her.  She can't be comfortable".  My reaction, "You don't move a sleeping baby".  She climbed everywhere.  She could scale the back of the couch like she was spider girl.  She was my little cuddle bug.  She is still my little cuddle bug.
Juliana 2 days old



Now she is a mommy herself and in January she will be a wife.  I love to watch her play with her baby boy and see the love between them.  I am so very proud of the young lady she has become.  It is a great gift when you are given the privilege of seeing your children grow up.  I know she will be a good wife to Aaron and will excel at anything she puts her mind to.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIANA.


Jake & Juliana 2012 the day Jake came home from
Africa
Jake & Juliana Easter Sunday 1993


Juliana & Kelcie at the Beach 2011


Kelcie, Me and Juliana Christmas PJ's

Kelcie, Henry & Juliana at lunch…Henry is cheesing
Love this pic










No comments:

Post a Comment