hope sign

hope sign

Monday, December 29, 2014

So Thirsty

I woke up this morning so super thirsty.  When the heat is on in the house, it dries up my mouth, my skin gets itchy, I have trouble going to sleep...it can be uncomfortable.  But, it is better than freezing to death...it's a necessary evil (so to speak).  

When I woke up, I told Bo that I felt like I had cotton mouth and he responded, "I have some water right here. Want some?"  Of course I said, "Yes, thanks."

  
Me and my Love at Christmas dinner.  

I was very thankful for the water that Bo had left in his water bottle.  It was just what I needed to rid myself of that nasty feeling.  I drank the water, went to the bathroom and then climbed back into bed...yes, my morning routine.

We all need refreshing water, nourishment for our bodies.  At different times of the year, we use different things.  Of course, water is necessary all year, every day of our lives. 

How do you nourish\refresh your soul, daily...weekly...monthly...seasonally?


We have just finished up the Advent season that prepares us for the Saviors arrival on Christmas.  We light candles each week as we focus on Hope, Peace, Joy and Love...all the things that Christ brings.  We focus on scriptures and songs about His birth and the promises that He has for us and for the world. During the Christmas/Advent season, it is easy to find things to refresh our soul.  

My amazing Auntie.  Singing at the
Christmas Eve service.  I love to hear her sing.

But how about after all the songs are over, after the tree is down and the candles are stored until next year?  The star on top of your tree is in the box and no longer reminding us of how it pointed the way to where the Savior lay. Our nativities are in their proper place until it's time to display them again.  

My sign of O Holy Night
link for sign
How do we nourish the soul...today?  Where is the light, the song, the expression of Hope, Peace, Joy and Love?  Without the star, where is Jesus? Where is that water that cools and rejuvenates my inner being?  

Well, I am not sure what works for you but I can tell you what works for me. 

Music
Fellowship
Worship
Church
The Word (Bible)
Giving to others
Laughter
Family 

When I sing, worship, read His Word...I can feel the refreshing water of His Holy Spirit wash over me.  To tell the truth, it feels better than the bottle of water Bo gave me this morning.  

So where is the light?  I will be that light to the world...the star pointing others to Jesus.

that you may become 
blameless and harmless, 
children of God 
without fault in the midst 
of a crooked and perverse generation, 
among whom you shine as lights in the world,
Philippians 2:15 NKJV

Where is the song?  I will sing the song of the LORD. Declaring His wondrous works.  

Don’t drink too much wine. 
That cheapens your life. 
Drink the Spirit of God, 
huge draughts of him. 
Sing hymns instead of drinking songs! 
Sing songs from your heart to Christ. 
Sing praises over everything, 
any excuse for a song to 
God the Father
 in the name of our Master, Jesus Christ.
-Ephesians 5:18-20 MSG

Where is the expression of Hope, Peace, Joy and Love?  I will be that expression as I serve others in His name.  
“Then the righteous will answer Him, 
saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, 
or thirsty and give You drink? 
When did we see You a stranger and take You in, 
or naked and clothe You? 
Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 
And the King will answer and say to them, 
‘Assuredly, I say to you, 
inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, 
you did it to Me.’
-Matthew 25:37-40 NKJV

I pray you have found a way to nourish your soul and body today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment