hope sign

hope sign

Monday, August 18, 2014

Celebrating LIFE!!!

My weekend was a blur of birthday parties.  We celebrated my great nieces 5th birthday on Saturday and my Henry's 4th birthday on Sunday.  A great time was had by all attendees.

I love celebrating these little lives that have invaded our family.  I love that we come together once a year to celebrate and give thanks that we have these two precious souls to care for and love.  What an honor it is that God has given us.

Some think that birthday parties are an aggravation and are only for little ones but I have to disagree. Sure, as parents and grandparents, we have become so obsessed with impressing the "Jones'" that we have lost sight of what we are celebrating.  Putting that subject aside, lets look at the reason for the celebration...LIFE.

Four years ago, Henry William entered our life.  His very presence invaded our home and we have never been the same.  Henry and his mama, Juliana, lived with us for over 2 years after he was born. His stuff was everywhere.  You couldn't walk around a corner without seeing evidence that a baby lived here.  His sounds and smells filled our home.  His tiny precious clothes were all over the place. We even made a spot in our TV cabinet for extra diapers and wipes, so as not to be caught off guard.

Bo and I loved waking each morning, going into Juliana's room and putting Henry in bed with us for an hour.  Cuddle time was so precious to us.  He would play with us and talk and give us kisses galore. Oh, how can we not take every opportunity to celebrate and give thanks for this little man who owns our hearts.

Before we had little ones again as part of our daily lives, I was a strong believer that you only go to the party if you have to, because, you already did the little kid party thing and your time can be better spent doing something else, something that benefits you...because as you know, it's all about entertaining and pleasing myself.  Boy, was I wrong.  It's about the celebration of this life that we have been given.

I am so thankful for Presley and Henry, our birthday babies and for my nephew, Gabriel, who turned 19 on Friday.  I am thankful for the honor of being a part of their lives.  I am thankful that God gave them to us and that we are able to love them and watch them grow.  Each life is precious and wanted in our family.

So next time you are invited to a party, be willing to celebrate this amazing thing called LIFE.  It is a precious gift from God.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Here are some pics from Presley and Henry's parties.




Henry jumping high at his party

Princess Presley at her frozen party

Jacob the ninja turtle at Presley's party



The rest are all from Henry's party










Henry and Grammy in the Hurricane Simulator


Tobias enjoying his new freedom




























No comments:

Post a Comment