hope sign

hope sign

Monday, June 2, 2014

Take More Pictures...





Our walkway to the beach....
Nothing in the world like it.


Summer...I love the sound of that!

Now every time I think about Summer, I hear Olaf from Frozen sing his song about Summer.  "Bees a buzzin..."  If you have seen the movie, you can probably sing the rest.  He was my favorite part of Frozen.

There are lots of songs about summer and stuff to do in summer.  From sitting on your back porch, front porch, the tailgate of a truck and then you can go dip a toe in the ocean, swim in the pond, pool, creek...we think of
         lemonade,
                                      homemade ice cream,
                                                                                             popsicle's.


Oh the fun of summer!  

My family and I just returned from our beach vacation.  We had an amazing time.  Bo taught the guys some new recipes and we all got to hold the babies a lot.  Henry and Jacob played hard every single day.  We watched A LOT of Spy Kids 1 and 2.  For a couple of days, we had all three of our kids there.  It's funny how when they are little, you just want a moment to yourself but when they grow up, you fight for a moment to all be together.  Life sure changes when your not looking.

Some ask me why I take so many pictures.  I do love the art of photography and wish I had lots more time to devote to it, but it's not the reason why I take so many pictures of my family.

When my grandmother, Virginia Webb, passed away and we went to her funeral, I noticed something.
When they had the pictures of her life on the video, there wasn't one of me and her.  That made me so sad.  I thought, I am not going to let that happen again.  I love taking pictures with my Mom Mom Alice.  I make sure that I take photos of her with my children and grandchildren.  I am the same way with my parents.  It matters to me.

So I take lots of photos now.  Probably too many.  But I want them to know that they are important to me and touched my life, heart and soul.

So here are a few of my favorites from vacation 2014...

Henry (Picking his hiney) & Pop
Our beautiful daughter, Juliana and grandson Luke.
She is such a good mommy!!
And of course, BO.



Juliana's Groom, Aaron
and baby Luke Aaron
He is a great daddy!!!!

My husband...so handsome.
It amazes me how handsome he is and he
chose me...crazy man!!


My beautiful daughter, Kelcie
and my godson, Kirt...
He never tires of picking on her.

My amazing son, Jake.
He's gonna be a daddy in September.

Jake's beautiful bride, Scovia.



I will probably be posting way more pics of our vacation throughout this week.  I hope you enjoy them. We did have a wonderful time on our little get away.  But truthfully, there is no place like home.

Let me encourage  you, take more pictures.  You will be happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment