hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Oh Let The Sun Shine In

My desk, letting the sun shine in.
This is the first day I am writing at my desk in my new office.  I brought up my computer and finally placed it on my desk facing the the huge tree in my front yard.  I wasn't expecting this spot to be as wonderful as it is.  There is so much activity going on outside this big double window.  Everything is catching my eye and the colors of spring are captivating.

I love the way the flowers are glowing in the window.
Not my window, this is from my nieces shower.

There is a squirrel jumping all around from branch to branch, birds flitting in and out of the trees and bushes, a white cat (no clue who it belongs to) is walking in the mulch, nose down like it is looking for something.  I can see a tiny tiny squirrel sitting in the crook of a branch, all snug and cozy.  There is life outside on Coachman Drive.

The sun is shining and the world has awaken from her winter slumber.  When I sat down at my desk this morning, the song that my parents would sing to us if we were grumpy came to my mind.

"Oh let the sun shine in, face it with a grin.  Smilers never lose and frowners never win.  Oh let the sun shine, face it with a grin.  Open up your heart and let the sun shine in."

Now when they would sing us this song there were two possible outcomes.  The first and desired outcome was, it could make us laugh.  The second and undesired outcome was it could make us mad and even grumpier.  The outcome was solely our decision.  It was a lesson learned after many days, making the wrong one.
This is also from the shower, but I love pictures of windows.
Oh the possibilities.  I love this window.  

I hope today, when you look out your window, you make the decision to let the sun shine in.  Embrace the day, bask in the suns warm glow and enjoy the blessings of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment