hope sign

hope sign

Monday, March 18, 2013

I Am Getting Into The Boat

I haven't written for a while because our church was having our Annual Conference.  I am overwhelmed by the moving of the Holy Spirit this weekend.  I am tired in body but renewed in spirit.  I love it when God's people come together and celebrate His wondrous workings.  Our church just celebrated 38 years.  My parents started Christ The King Church (then it was River of Life) when I was 3 years old.  Can you imagine starting a church with 4 children underfoot ages 6, 5, 3 & 2?  I of course do not remember the very start but I do remember sleeping in the tent, on the platform to make sure someone did not steal the equipment during the night.  Mom and dad made so many sacrifices.  You know what I find so amazing though?  Even when you are making a sacrifice, God can make it feel like an adventure and He will give you joy that others may not understand.  To us kids it was like camping.  I have seen my parents laugh through situations that would make others cry and give up.  THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH!!!

I have seen them time after time get into the boat with people and help them make it to the other side.  Pastor Helen Bledsoe spoke about getting into the boat with the hurting, the poor, the forgotten.  It was so powerful.  Yes, there is something required of us.  We must be willing to give, to uplift and sometimes we must row the boat for the one who cannot even pick up the oars.  She said that getting into their boat is loving them, praying with them and for them, encouraging, listening, teaching, loving on them, being with them.  This is something all of us can do.  We can stay at midnight and not see the morning come or we can get into the boat and row to the other side and watch the sunrise from a new position or perspective.

Some are happy to stay in the darkness.  I guess they feel comfortable in the darkness of midnight.  In the darkness, no one expects anything from them because they are hidden, in the shadows.  But what they don't realize is the JOY COMES IN THE MORNING!!!!  Psalms 30:5 KJV "…weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

So if you are in the midnight hour, and are afraid of the journey to the other side of the sea, change your perspective.  Think of it as an adventure.  I know someone will get into your boat to help you and when you get to the other side, your joy will be full.  John 15:11 KJV "These things I have spoken unto you so that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

Helping others will only increase your joy and add to your BLESSED LIFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment