hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Seasons


On this rainy day I find myself dreaming of warm skies and balmy sea breezes.  I can feel the sun on my face and the sand on my feet.  Music is playing quietly from my iPhone and there is a book in my hands.  My children are in the water and Bo is in the chair next to me.  Henry is playing in the sand with all his toys and of course he is talking.  Yes, I can place myself there at any given moment, in my mind.  But then someone says something to me and brings me back to reality.  The reality of dark skies, cold and rainy, dreary day.  But as we know, life is all about seasons.







We go through many seasons if we live long enough.  Not just weather seasons but seasons of living.  We really don't realize this until we have lived through a couple of doozies.  Like the baby season.  When you have a newborn, you feel like sleep will never be a part of your life again but then all of a sudden he/she sleeps all night and you rejoice.  We have a Newlywed season in the first year(s) of marriage.  We go through dry seasons. In this season its is the routine of life that gets us through.  We have seasons of change.  Sometimes it feels like nothing is familiar and everything is changing.  Some people live for this particular season and some dread it.  I think I fall somewhere in the middle.


The upside of snow…Scovia

Finding the joy of this season…Kelcie


Every season has it's precious moments and challenges.  But every season has a lesson.  The great thing to know that no matter what the season of your life, God is God.  He can bring us through the trials and He can help us with our temptations.  What we have to do is call on Him.  There are times when God wants us to realize that it is not us but Him who pulls us up out of our mess.  Some say that they pulled themselves up by their own boot straps but that is a false statement.  You can't do it on your own.  It's in Him we live, move and have our being.  We have to come to the end of ourselves to find what true happiness/contentment is.  When we enter that season, we become true givers, lovers, Sons and Daughters of God.  He is our source of everything good.

Every good gift and perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
-James 1:17 NKJV

I will continue to daydream about my beach vacations and sunny days.  Hope is a good thing.  I know that I am truly living a BLESSED LIFE no matter what my circumstances might say.  You know why?  Because I AM LIVING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment