hope sign

hope sign

Friday, August 22, 2014

Password, "Thank You!"




I wanted to share with you today a passage of scripture that I had to memorize as a child in a Christian school.  This was one of our monthly memorization challenges and I am so glad that we had to do this. Yesterday, I read it in the Message Bible and I fell in love with this scripture all over again.  It's just beautiful and uplifting, giving great instruction on Thanksgiving.  I hope it blesses you as much as it blessed me.


"On your feet now-
applaud God!
Bring a gift of laughter,
sing yourselves into his
presence.
Know this: God is God,
and God, God.
He made us; we didn't 
make him.
We're his people, his well-
tended sheep.
Enter with the password:
"Thank you!"
Make yourselves at home,
talking praise.
Thank him.  Worship him.
For God is sheer beauty,
all-generous in love,
loyal always and ever."

-Psalm 100 MSG

When I look at the things and people around me with a thankful heart, my whole perspective changes.  I value more things, I interact with others better, I can learn easier, I am more teachable, I am more submissive to those who have authority in my life, I am more content...the list goes on and on.  It all stems from a thankful heart. I know who my source is, for everything I need in this life and eternal life...JESUS.  So I will praise Him, worship Him, thank Him, love Him.


What do you see when you look at this imperfection on the road?
I see a heart...






No comments:

Post a Comment